Jumaat, 27 April 2012

al-brangi

al-brangi


How to choose a country to au pair in?

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 12:01 AM PDT

I am looking for an au pair job this summer to last for about a year. I have found an offer in a small town in northern Italy with a family who travels Europe a lot with 1 little girl, and another offer in Vienna Austria with a family with 2 children who offered me my own apartment. I would like to make the right choice, but I was wondering what criteria to choose the family by? And which country would you recommend for someone who has not been to Europe before? Which area do you like based on your own personal experience?



I'm currently trying to decide between these 2 families but if there are other countries you have visited and enjoyed a lot, I could probably find families there as well, so any input would be great (UK and Ireland are out, since I'm a US citizen). Thanks!



Answer on How to choose a country to au pair in?



I am guessing the most deciding factors will be compensation, language spoken and the benefits (education, car, housing, etc.) you will get.

As far as the country/culture is concerned, I think this really will be a personal choice. Northern Italy is beautiful, and if the family travels a lot, you might be able to join them- definitely a plus. Italians are very warm people. The further south you go, the dirtier the country gets, but it still is an experience. Additionally they only have 1 child, which might be easier for you.

I haven't been to Vienna in years, but I have only heard good things about that city, I don't think the people are as welcoming there as they would be in Italy, just difference in culture. Please keep in mind that the German spoken in Austria is a dialect, and varies from the so-called "high German". Then again, German is probably more widely spoken than Italian. (Germany, Switzerland). There are various German companies in the US, where bilingual in German will help, then again, that probably goes for any language.

All the countries in Europe are different, you will usually notice the difference the minute you cross over a border.

Switzerland is a great choice, however, their German is also a dialect and varies greatly from German.

I personally would go for France, Italy or Spain or even Portugal, just because I like the warmer weather. Denmark, Norway and Sweden are great as well. I think you will enjoy it no matter where you go!

Last but not least, make sure you get along with the family. I spent one year as an exchange student in the US and the host family wasn't a good match at all, it really put a negative twist on the experience!

What should the age of consent be?

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 01:37 PM PDT

Keep in mind that the AOC varies across the world. In the USA it is usually 16/18. In Europe the average is 14 (Germany, Italy, Portugal, Austria) and as low as 13 in some (Spain). In south America it is also 14 on average.



Obviously people should only have sex when they are ready. But what should the law say? Do we even need an age of consent? How many guys in their early twenties are in jail?



Answer on What should the age of consent be?



18. When you can support what you sire.

Tour dates??? Help me!!! 10 points!!?

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 07:40 AM PDT

Fist question:Do you know Marilyn Manson's tour dates in Italy? Please I need to know it!!! Please help me!!!

Second question:what do you think about the Great Marilyn Manson? I love him!!



Answer on Tour dates??? Help me!!! 10 points!!?



I really don't think Manson is touring. I'm not even sure if he's going to tour again, since he hadn't even planned on making Eat Me Drink Me. Makes me sad since I would pretty much sell my soul to see him again. I managed to get right up front (on the barrier) when he headlined for Slayer. Amazing show. Actually changed my life for the better by inspiring me to keep playing music and hopefully one day having the same positive influence on other people.



And as the person above me said, people are completely ignorant when it comes to Marilyn Manson. They simply see the "shocking" aspect of his performances and believe the crap that religious sects spew about Manson being the Antichrist. Also, 99% of the myths are not true. He does not have a vagina, he didn't get a rib removed in order to perform fellatio on himself, he never had breast implants, he never had sex on stage, he never killed animals on stage, the list goes on. I understand if you don't like his music (I know he isn't the best/most talented music wise), but don't bash him and discredit the message just because you don't enjoy the music. Lyrically he's a genius, you just have to listen and try to understand. His lyrics aren't about killing people (contrary to popular belief, he did not cause the Columbine shootings), they are about questioning everything that society and tradition has pounded into our heads for years. He is simply trying to make people think for themselves, something that is very rare these days. The other thing I love is that 9 times out of 10 the Manson bashers cannot come up with a good argument supporting their beliefs. I don't know if it's that they are simple minded or they just don't think it's necessary when most of society backs them up.



Either way, Manson is awesome. And if he is the Antichrist, then I have learned much more about my life and morals from Satan than God will every teach me.

Tiada ulasan: