Ahad, 27 Mei 2012

al-brangi

al-brangi


Can I use a GSM phone in both the US and Italy?

Posted: 26 May 2012 04:40 PM PDT

I'm going to be switching cell phone services soon and need advice. I have Verizon but plan on switching to Tmobile or Cingular. I was wondering if I bought an unlocked gsm phone, could I use it here in the US and then buy a prepaid sim card in italy and just switch cards?



Answer on Can I use a GSM phone in both the US and Italy?



Yes you can, just make sure that you get QUAD-BAND GSM Device if you are going with Cingular. If you choose T-Mobile Euro-Tri will do, juts make sure it has 900Mhz (For Italy) and 1900Mhz (For the US).

Here's quick reference for you, the GSM phones in the US operate on 1900Mhz and 850Mhz. In Europe they operate on 1800Mhz and 900Mhz, but mostly 900Mhz. Of course they have 3G as well.

Tiada ulasan: