Jumaat, 25 Mei 2012

al-brangi

al-brangi


I would love to receive tips on installing ceramic tiles?

Posted: 24 May 2012 11:37 AM PDT

I need to prove that I can be a handy person and with the right tips and know how, I know I can do it my self. I am looking at installing tile ceramic on my countertop. I bought the tiles(they are triangles and made in Italy.The tiles are quite thick and look differnt than the ones made in Mexico.)I have my work surface ready.I am going to rent a tile cutter from home depot.And will be picking up spacers,unsanded grout,thinset, and a trowel. Is there anything else I might be missing? Any tips or suggestions that would make this project easier would be appreciated.(my husband thinks I might screw it up!lol) Thankyou in advance.



Answer on I would love to receive tips on installing ceramic tiles?



We just retiled several rooms/hallways in our house, so this is fresh for me!

In addition to what you mentioned, you will also need a grout float or some kind of putty knife to spread the grout, a grout sponge to wipe off excess, an adhesive mixer that fits onto your drill if you don't plan on using a pre-mix thinset, and tile nippers if there are going to be any non-straight cuts. I also found that I used my 5-in-1 multi tool a lot during the process, for scraping off any excess mortar or grout, etc. Make sure you get a good quality adhesive to ensure the tiles are set well. This isn't too terribly important on a counter, but definitely if you were to do your floor, which would require a lot more stability and strength. You may also want to consider a sanded grout, which has more strength than non-sanded, plus a grout sealer which will help prevent staining of the grout. Also make sure you've purchased enough tiles. You will need to measure the full area of the space you're tiling, plus add about 10% for waste.

It's really not that hard. Definitely time-consuming to do it right, especially if you've got a lot of precise cuts to make, but once you figure it out, it's pretty easy.

Good luck!

Tiada ulasan: