Rabu, 4 April 2012

al-brangi

al-brangi


Does anyone know the name of this movie?

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 03:37 PM PDT

All I remember about it was I think it was a period piece set in Italy. There was this girl and she wanted to become a nun I believe and her sisters were training to be nuns when her father finally sent her off to school with them and she had visions of the devil or maybe it was god that would leave her sick. She dies at the end of the movie.



Answer on Does anyone know the name of this movie?



This is in France, so I'm probably offbase:

The Song of Bernadette (1943)

starring Jennifer Jones, William Eythe, Charles Bickford, Vincent Price, Lee J. Cobb, Gladys Cooper, Anne Revere

IMDb synopsis:

In 1858 France, Bernadette, an adolescent peasant girl, has a vision of "a beautiful lady" in the city dump. She never claims it to be anything other than this, but the townspeople all assume it to be the virgin Mary. The pompous government officials think she is nuts, and do their best to suppress the girl and her followers, and the church wants nothing to do with the whole matter. But as Bernadette attracts wider and wider attention, the phenomenon overtakes everyone in the the town, and transforms their lives.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucJrglwy…



I'll look around for other possibilities. // EDIT: I can't think of anything recent, but I have been looking around for a closer match. The one I thought of IS a very good film, one I have watched many times.

A Question about my trip to Europe ? Help ?

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 07:33 AM PDT

First of all, I am a Paranoid Person.....With that being said, I am traveling to Europe (Italy, Hungary, and possibly Poland)....I'm gonna be in Europe for 4 Months and I have a HUGE fear of chipping/cracking my tooth/teeth, while I am in Europe and have no where to turn. Are there Dentists/Cosmetic Dentists over in Europe? I have a paralyzing fear of being stranded in a foreign country with cracked up teeth....Sorry if I sound ignorant because I have never left the country.The reason I'm so paranoid is because I have chipped my teeth before.



any thoughts/suggestions/tips appreciated.....thanks folks



Answer on A Question about my trip to Europe ? Help ?



good answer above! my mom and dad went to italy on their honeymoon in 1965, and my mom had to visit the dentist for a similar emergency. she says to this day it's the best dentist she ever had!

with the internet it won't be hard to research someone if you need to go, and you can always ask hotel/hostel desk clerks who they recommend if you need to go. good luck, and drink from a glass, not a bottle! :-)

Tiada ulasan: