Rabu, 23 November 2011

al-brangi

al-brangi


Is this text correct? what are the mistakes?

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 06:18 AM PST

Dear Sue,



how wonderful to hear from you! It is many years since I last kept in touch with you, so I was very surprised when I opened your e-mail. How did you get my e-mail address? We were so young when we met for the first time.. 15 year-old? I guess so. Do you remember? We were attending the same high school in London.. I have sweet memories about that period.

It was great to hear your news.. your job as lawyer seems great! I remember that you wanted to study law when you was just a teenager. I'm glad your dream came true.

Now let me tell you something about my life: I recently moved to New York because of my husband, he is an architect and he had to move for business. I'm happy to live here now, even if it is hard to get used to a city so big when you come from a little town in Italy.

New York is... HUGE!

Guess what! I have three children: they are my life! The eldest one is 12 and the youngest just 2. They are very happy to have moved to New York city, even if they miss their friends in Italy. However I think we are coming back for Christmas time for some weeks.

I can't believe that I'm writing to my best friend of 20 years ago! Let's keep in touch!

Write me soon.



All the best,

Kate



Answer on Is this text correct? what are the mistakes?



Only a few mistakes, but the rest is great!



"It has been many years since[...]"

"15 years old?"

"I remember you wanted to study law when you were just a teenager"

"However, I think we are coming back during (I think you can use during in this context) Christmas time for a few weeks"



I think the punctuation would be better if it was "I recently moved to New York because of my husband; he is an architect[...]" and "The eldest one is 12 and the youngest, just 2."

That's just what I think.



But the rest is great!O

Hope it helped!

Tiada ulasan: