Selasa, 21 Jun 2011

al-brangi

al-brangi


Choose 10 countries from this list?

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 10:54 PM PDT

-Australia

-Canada

-Botswana

-uruguay

-Iceland

-China

-Netherlands

-Germany

-Ethiopia

-Brazil

-Czech Republic

-Norway

-Finland

-Romania

-Morocco

-Bulgaria

-Italy



THXTHX



Answer on Choose 10 countries from this list?



I chose one Romania because I grew up and I was born there.

Has anyone else seemed to have noticed that foreign made shotshells cost less than domestically produced ones?

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 05:05 AM PDT

I mean I know some companies like Fiocchi based in Italy I think are made in the states but whenever I see shotshells online the European based stuff is cheaper than the American stuff. And not just wolf, you know like Sellor & Belot, fiocchi, Rio Royal and Aguilla. Better quality producers. And this seems to be the case with other sorts of ammo as well like .223 and 30-06. And I'm talking American calibers.



I've seen European IMPORTED 5.56x45 XM193 for $4-6 less per box of 100 than American federal XM193, and especially in comparison with Remington. Not a whole lot but still...



How is that? Our exchange rate sucks.



Answer on Has anyone else seemed to have noticed that foreign made shotshells cost less than domestically produced ones?



A few different factors



1. Cost of Labor is cheaper in the 2nd world countries, I don't know of any 3rd world countries that make ammo



2. Cost of raw materials is cheaper in other countries



3. Most foreign ammo, like wolf, have a high sulfur content, that's what makes them dirity



4. They have a lower overall overhead



5. US ammo makers have a high overhead, such as insurance, bennies to employees and such.



6. Foreign ammo makes their money selling mass amounts of ammo where US companies make their money on smaller lots



7. other reasons but will not go there at this time.

Tiada ulasan: