Khamis, 26 Mac 2015

dollah yankee

dollah yankee


Your daughter got NO BRAIN !

Posted: 26 Mar 2015 07:04 AM PDT


THE latest incident about a BFM newsreader being threatened with death, rape and being burnt alive by those whom I assume to be Malay-Muslim netizens brings forth serious questions for this country. Is this country safe for our children to live in? If a simple point of view is raised against such issue as hudud or even such issue as democracy and clean elections can produce outburst of murder, rape and burning people alive, what does it say about our country, its citizens and our leadership?
I have noticed that the ones making threats of this nature come from mostly Malays who I assume are Muslim. Where did we, as a nation go wrong in educating these Malays? What are we teaching in our secondary schools? More importantly, are our public universities producing people of such culture?
I sincerely hope that those who made the threats have never stepped foot in our public universities because if not, I would like to ask these vice-chancellors, what kind of Malay Malaysians are you producing?
Yes, they are passable engineers and architects but are they barely passable Malaysian citizens, or passable Muslims or worse, are they even passable human beings with a humane conscience?
I have been to mosques and have listened to thousands of Youtube speeches by our so called eminent ustazs and I know that their understanding of Islam is a strong contributor to the kinds of comments made by these young netizens.
Although I feel anger towards these netizens but I am ready to forgive them because I know it was our society that have created such a culture.
When the Prophet Muhammad was faced with the persecution of the young people of Taif, he stood in front of the angel Gabriel at the command of a host of a heavenly army ready to eliminate the people of Taif, he said, "No, do not do anything against these people because they knew not what there were doing. Perhaps future generations may accept my message if these people do not at the present time."
The Prophet had the magnanimity to forgive because he knew those young adults were influenced by their elders. I am afraid, our religious scholars may be teaching a brand of Islam that is very much distant from the examples of the holy Prophet himself.
I write these words with a heavy heart. I write these words as a concerned Malaysian citizen and as a simple Muslim for the sake of all our children. And finally, I write these words as the father of Aisyah Mohd Tajuddin, the BFM girl.
Prof Dr Mohamad Tajuddin Mohamad Rasdi
Via email

Tiada ulasan: